The second citizenship of Bulgaria.
The Republic of Bulgaria is located in South-Eastern Europe, in the north-eastern part of the Balkan Peninsula on the territory of 110,993.6 square kilometers. The northern part of the country borders on Romania, the southern part – with the Republic of Turkey and the Greek Republic, the western part – with the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the Republic of Macedonia, the eastern part is washed by the Black Sea. The duration of the state border is 2,245 km, including 686 km of the river and 378 km of the sea border. For the Black Sea coast of Bulgaria is characterized by an extensive beach strip, interspersed by sheer cliffs. The main rivers of Bulgaria are the Danube, Iskar, Tundja, Maritsa, Yantra. In the predominant part of the country, the climate is moderately continental. In the south, especially in the valleys of the rivers Struma and Mesta, the climate turns into the Mediterranean. The population of Bulgaria is about 9 million people. In addition to the main part – the Bulgarians, here live ethnic Turks (comprising about 10% of the population), Armenians, Greeks and representatives of other nationalities. The state language is Bulgarian, the predominant part of the population professes the Eastern Orthodox religion. The population of the capital of Bulgaria – Sofia, the largest center of industry and culture, is more than 1 million inhabitants. Other major cities of the country are Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas and Ruse. The national currency is the Bulgarian lion. The national holiday of the Republic of Bulgaria – March 3, the Day of Liberation from the Ottoman yoke. On this day in 1878, the San Stefan peace treaty was signed, which put an end to the Russian-Turkish war of 1877-1878.
2. Special merits before the state (article 16 of the law on citizenship).
3. On naturalization (it is necessary to live for 5 years in the country with a temporary residence permit and 5 years from permanent residence).
4. Bulgarian citizenship through investment. To do this, you need to invest 512,000 euros in government bonds for a period of 5 years. Based on this investment is granted permanent residence. Citizenship can be requested in 5 years as a permanent resident. It does not need to live in the country physically, know the Bulgarian language or refuse the previous passport; there are all possible exceptions and benefits for investors. In 2013, there was an option for accelerated citizenship, more about this program here: permanent residence and citizenship of Bulgaria (EU)
1. A copy of the passport (notarized).
2. A copy of the passport.
3. Birth certificate (original). Returned after receiving the decree on obtaining citizenship.
4. A certificate from the State Customs Service of the Ministry of the Interior of the Russian Federation on the absence of a criminal record (original).
5. A short autobiography in free form.
6. Colored matte photos in size 3.5 to 4.5 – 4 pieces.
1. Blood test (Medical certificate on the absence of AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases).
2. Medical certificate on the absence of mental illness.
3. A certificate from the police from the territory of Bulgaria on the absence of previous convictions in the territory of the country.
Answer: In addition to Bulgaria, two other EU countries have clearly stipulated criteria for granting citizenship on the basis of investments in the economy. This is Cyprus and Malta. But both of these programs, although faster in terms of time, are significantly more expensive than the Bulgarian scheme.
Answer: Unfortunately, there will be no special privileges in the form of an accelerated receipt of Bulgarian citizenship for him. First, he gets a regular residence permit, which will be renewed annually. He will receive permanent residence after 5 years or immediately after the birth of a joint child, if such an event is earlier. The period of stay in a marriage for obtaining residence permit does not matter, but for obtaining permanent residence – 5 years. Marriage will be checked by the migration police officers for fictitiousness in various ways. Requirements from the beginning of residence permit until obtaining permanent residence – residence in Bulgaria. Absence in the territory of the country is allowed not more than 2 months per year and not more than 10 months within 5 years. He will be able to apply for citizenship 5 years after receiving a permanent status. If her husband does not plan to reside in the country, and they will live in another country, then not only her citizenship, but even a temporary or permanent residence permit in Bulgaria her spouse will not be able to receive.
Answer: On the basis of marriage with a Bulgarian citizen, a Russian citizen can claim only a temporary residence permit.
Answer: Citizens of Bulgaria and Romania (both countries joined the EU on January 1, 2007), who found work in the UK, must register with the Home Office on the Employee Registration Rules immediately upon finding the job. Upon registration, the Employee Registration Certificate is issued for a period of 12 months. This certificate confirms that a person can work and stay in the UK as long as he works at the workplace specified in the certificate. If the employee has changed his place of work before he has worked continuously for 12 months (and received the EEA residence permit), the Certificate will lose effect (is canceled), and the employee needs to update his registration. The employer must make sure that the employee has registered. It will be illegal for employers to hire a Bulgarian citizen who has not worked there legally for 12 months if the employees are not registered at the work they are performing.
Answer: If a Bulgarian has worked in the UK for one year, he can apply for a permanent residence permit.
Answer: A child born in Bulgaria from Russian parents does not receive Bulgarian citizenship. He gets the same status as his parents. If the parents have a temporary residence permit, the child will also be able to obtain a residence permit. In order to obtain Bulgarian citizenship, at least one of the parents must be a citizen of the Republic of Bulgaria. Russian citizenship can be obtained without problems, and regardless of where the child was born, the main thing is that one of the parents was a citizen of Russia.
Answer: It is not necessary to refuse the previous citizenship when getting Bulgarian. The question of ignorance of the Bulgarian language is solved. But, unfortunately, the processing time is not fast – 1.5 years. The cost of services depends on the complexity of a particular case, it must be negotiated individually.
Answer: Unfortunately, no, because the Bulgarian law does not prescribe the possibility of obtaining citizenship by right of soil.
The second citizenship of Bulgaria.