Immigration to Canada and the USA: December 2015.
Immigration to the province of Quebec.
The Quebec program for qualified professionals.
Reception applications began on November 4. The quota of 3,500 dossiers was exhausted in less than a week. The program will resume on January 18.
The program & laquo; Investor & raquo; : today the quota is 1,750 dossiers. The reception of applications continues.
Plan for the reception of immigrants in Quebec for 2016.
In October 2015, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration submitted to the National Assembly a plan for 2016. Figures remain the same as in 2015: it is planned to accept from 41,000 to 46,900 immigrants.
& laquo; Economic & raquo; category & raquo ;, which includes qualified professionals and business immigrants (investors, entrepreneurs, autonomous workers) remains within the same limits and includes:
– Qualified specialists: from 29,000 to 32,000 people.
– Business immigrants: from 6,000 to 8,000 people.
After the election, Mr. George McCallum, who has been a member of Parliament since 2000, was appointed to the post of Minister of Immigration.
In the past, he served as Secretary of Parliament under the Minister of Finance, as well as Vice-Chairman of the Standing Committee under the Federal Ministry of Immigration. In the recent past he held the post of Critic for Citizenship and Immigration, i.e. & laquo; criticized & raquo; work of the ministry.
September 29, 2015, the province announced the opening of two new business programs in order to attract foreign entrepreneurs, as well as “to keep & raquo; in the province of university graduates and colleges. This gives an opportunity to obtain status for those who would like to start their own business, buy or run a business in Nova Scotia.
And the second segment of the program & ndash; for graduates interested in starting their own business.
Since October 2015, changes have been made to the immigration business program. Today there are two possibilities:
1) For entrepreneurs who want to invest in the creation or purchase of a business.
The minimum investment is 500,000 CAD, applicants must have assets of at least 800,000 CAD. Among the requirements: knowledge of English and the creation of at least two jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
To participate in the program, you need to prepare a business plan and submit it to the Government of Ontario. If the business plan is approved, a work permit is issued. Upon arrival in Ontario, the entrepreneur faces the task of establishing or buying a business that will give the province a tangible economic effect. This is the prerequisite for obtaining the & laquo; nomination & raquo; province, that is, the right to file an immigration application and obtain permanent resident status.
2) The second possibility is & ndash; for international corporations that would like to establish a branch in Ontario.
If, as a result of evaluating the business plan, it is decided that the business will bring significant benefits to the province, employees of the corporation holding key positions will be able to apply for work permits in Ontario.
In light of these requirements, the Quebec program, Investor & raquo; offers more feasible conditions:
– it is required to invest 800,000 CAD, while financial institutions in Canada are ready to provide financing. As a result, the investment is 180,000 & ndash; 220,000 CAD;
– the investment is made at the time when a positive decision has been taken on the investor’s case: as a result of a successful interview with a representative of the Ministry of Immigration of Quebec or on the basis of documents submitted (in some cases, an interview is not required);
– knowledge of English or French is not required. There is an interpreter at the interview.
American program EB-5.
On September 30, the US Congress extended the duration of the US investment program until December 11, 2015. Today the conditions are as follows:
– an investment of 1,000,000 USD, which should lead to the creation of a new enterprise and at least 10 full-time jobs, either.
– a minimum investment of 500,000 USD through regional centers established by the US government, in projects in areas with high unemployment.
The program is popular due to the fact that the applicants do not have special requirements. For example, you do not need to confirm business experience. It is enough to confirm the legality of the origin of the funds. Thus, the 18-year-old applicant has every reason to receive a green card, provided that the parents can confirm the legitimacy of their assets and are ready to invest.
The minimum investment in Regional Centers projects will increase from 500,000 to 800,000 USD, and investments in new enterprises & mdash; up to 1,200,000 USD. Once in five years, the amount of investment will be adjusted depending on the growth of inflation. The ways of calculating workplaces (for investments in new enterprises) are subject to change. Regional centers will have to approve their projects in US immigration services, which will significantly reduce the risk of investment. The period for consideration of immigration applications will be reduced to 150 days.
So far this is only the version in which changes can be made.
On December 11, the new bill should enter into force.
We congratulate our readers on the upcoming holidays and wish you to fulfill all your projects in the New Year!
Immigration to Canada and the USA: December 2015.